We make sure our free books are good to go!
Quality Control and Legal Protection at myebookstuff.com
There are many checks we make before a book reaches our production studio for processing, including:
• Checked: for plagiarism (the book was not written by some else)
• Checked: the person submitting the book is the genuine author and Copyright holder
• Checked: legal written permission by the author has been granted to myebookstuf for free distribution
• Checked: book cover and internal images have been used with permission
• Checked: for non-fiction, the author is qualified to write about the topic
• Checked: content meets our minimum standards for English grammar
• Checked: supplied digital files are useable and formatted correctly
• Checked: content complies with our terms and conditions
• Checked: the book does not contain advertising or affiliate links
• Checked: all digital files supplied are free from viruses
Failure to meet these minimum conditions will result in the submission being rejected. To ensure quality standards, we reject many more books than we accept.
Once we are happy the book meets our requirements we apply our quality standards throughout the publishing process, from page-by-page inspection of original manuscripts, through to conversion into final digital output files (pdf, epub, kindle). The majority of authors provide their own ebook files. While we check for serious errors, we don’t insist on extensive validation because we are aware that not every ebook is perfect. If it performs well on common reading devices and apps we are happy. The only changes we make will be technical. We don’t edit content.
The person responsible for overseeing the quality and legal standing of the books distributed on our website is Prof. Misheal John, whose role includes evaluating manuscripts and performing a thorough legal and quality inspection. Prof. Misheal has been working with and advising the myebookstuff team for over 10 years and has been responsible for producing and publishing many of the books you see here on the site. A check supporter and defender of Intellectual Property Rights, he adheres to and upholds international Copyright laws. Two of his pet hates are plagiarism and digital piracy.
An experienced and often quoted design manager, Misheal has worked in the printing industry for over 25 years and has held senior executive positions in various design, print and publishing businesses during his career. He is a member of the Independent Book Publishers Association (IBPA).
In addition to quality control, Misheal’s work at myebookstuff encompasses a range of creative and production processes, including cover design, proofreading, page formatting, and digital file conversion. Proofreading is in his blood: he still checks cereal cartons at breakfast time (he uses the technique of reading sentences backwards – you must try it!